Abhijeet ‘s cheap comments over Saregamapa Mentors – literally cross the limit
Controversy has become a part and partial of all reality shows. If there is no controversy then that show wouldn’t be successful. The war for music is still going on all the talent hunt shows, but now this war has started off, off the screen also. Abhijeet, who was part of saregamapa little champ and now who is judge of Star TV’s Voice of India, recently has passed very cheap comments over the mentors of Saregamapa challenge 2007.
It started off when Ismail Darbar said that singers shouldn’t be judges of any reality show. He was pointing towards Asha Bhosale’s recent judgement with which he was not convinced. But when Abhijeet was asked what he thinks about this, he didn’t spare anyone from saregamapa. He was literally on fire and his target was Bappi Lahiri.
Here are some Abhijeet’s comments : - (I have translated it in really polite language, you really need to watch the video first)
1. Music Directors are not tolerating singers.
2. Bappi Lahiri has sung more songs than Kishore Kumar and that too in bad accent.
3. Everyone is promising contestant for giving break but Bappi Lahiri hasn’t done any movie in last 15 yrs. And nor he did go to the studio.
4. Music Director wants to sing each and every song by himself and that too in nasal tone (about Himesh)
5. If Bappi Lahiri and Usha Uthup sing duet song, Usha will sound like male singer and Bappida sounds like female singer…
6. If composer is asked to sing with Harmonium in station, no one will give a single penny.
Oh my god, I couldn’t believe that Abhijeet can go up to this level. How can he make such comments over the composers who have proved themselves? Bappida’s reply was realistic – “Only frustrated singer who dosent has any work can comment like this”.
Watch this enjoyable video